Want to learn about ebooks, but not sure where to begin? You don't need experience with e-books for this informative and hands-on training. Through a mixture of demonstration, presentation and small-group discussion, you will explore key editorial questions about ebooks:
• What is an ebook?
• What is the role of the editor in ebook publishing?
• How are ebooks created?
• How do you assess the quality of an ebook?
• How are errors in ebooks corrected?
• How can editors best work with technical staff and outside suppliers?
• What are some of the big-picture issues affecting ebook publishing?
After the course, you will be given access to an ebook and some optional hands-on correction exercises to try using free software.
Presenter: Sarah JH Fletcher
Sarah has worked in book publishing for the past nine years and edited an eclectic range of fiction and non-fiction titles. She now specialises in digital publishing.
Date & time: Saturday 15 October 2016, 9 am to 5 pm
Venue: Ruth Fairfax House, 89-95 Gregory Tce, Spring Hill, Brisbane
Cost: Members $210 (early-bird)/$240
Non-members: $290 (early-bird)/$330
BOOKINGS: ebooks 101
After this course, you could do the intermediate ebooks workshop, Ebooks 201, on Sunday 16 October.
For more information on ebooks 101, click the link: